Wednesday 29 February 2012

Let the testing begin

Today I got my Burt's Bees Sensitive Skin Solutions kit in the mail.  I was so excited!  In it there was a cleanser and moisturizer, some info about the products and some sample of the moisturizer to give to people.  I starting using the products when I got home after work.  I had a bunch of makeup on from my job so I thought it would be a good test to see how did removing it.

First off the cleanser is a cream cleanser, I usually use a cleanser that lathers.  Cream cleansers always makes me nervous because I'm prone to breakouts and I usually find that their ingredients aren't kind to oily skin.  But because this is Burt's Bees and it's all natural I'm willing to step out of my comfort zone for a while and see how it goes.  I have to admit, my skin didn't feel tight and dry like it does when I use my regular cleanser.  But I was missing that "clean" feeling after using a cleanser that lathers.  The Burt's Bees cleanser made my skin feel like it does after I put on moisturizer.  But it worked really well at taking my makeup off. 

The moisturizer was a lot thicker than what I'm used to using.  It's been about a half hour since I used it and my skin still feels like I just put it on.  When I was using the facial moisturizer I dawned on my that I should try their hand cream/body cream because I have very dry skin elsewhere on my body and I'm always trying to find a good moisturizer.


And finally, you don't have to use much product of either the cleanser or the moisturizer.  This, to me, means good value for money.  You get a really big tube of the cleanser that I'm sure would last a few months and the cleanser comes in a small container but it should last a while as well considering how little you need.  Plus it's all natural, won't clog pores, allergy tested, hypo-allergenic, etc.