Friday 15 July 2011

Beach day and Sunburns

Yesterday I went to the beach with my friend, AaRon, his sisters and a friend of his.  We went to the beach on Toronto island.  It's a nude beach there, and no, I didn't go nude.  AaRon has a cool app on his phone and takes some really great photos, here's a couple...

Me and my beach bag, a Christmas prezzie from my mother-in-law

Me on the beach in my new bikini
After I got home I had a cool shower and then applied some spray on after sun.  I started to look up on line home remedies for sun burns.  Last night I tried soaking paper towel in vinegar and applying it to the worst part of my burns... it actually worked quite well.  There were a few others, grating potato and applying that the affected area, cooling a cup of peppermint tea and applying that to the burns, and using baking soda.  I will have to give some of the other remedies a try.